Police Distributes More Officers to Southern Kaduna
Following several reports on social media of new attacks in the Southern part of Kaduna, the state police has given assurances to residents of their protection.
Speaking to our sources, Agyole Abeh, who is the Kaduna state commissioner of police, made a call to all resident to disregard rumours of imminent attacks.
“I am urging thepeople not to listen to such rumors and also be very careful on the kinds of content they read on social media,” he stated.
“The Nigerian Police have their officers deployed to the area and are working seriously to make sure that nothing bad happens as speculated,” he said.
Mr Abeh also denied the claims that was made by the Kafanchan Catholic Archdiocese that the unrest has claimed over 800 lives.
On Thursday, during a press conference, the vicar general of the Catholic Archdiocese of Kafanchan, Ibrahim Yakubu, said the government had failed to protect residents.
Mr Yakubu stated that a total of four local government areas had been attacked, with not less than 800 persons murdered and 1,422 houses, 16 Churches, 19 shops, and one primary school destroyed.
The commissioner of police stated that the figures were just made up.
Certainly, everyone has the freedom to say what he really wants to say, but as for me, I have never heard of such figures they are calling. It is not true and not close to what the cleric is saying.”