Boko Haram Demands $50m to Release Chibok girls
The terrorist sect, Boko Haram is demanding a $50 million ransom from the Federal Government of Nigeria for the immediate release of not less than 200 Chibok school girls that were kidnapped 2 years ago by the sect, according to The London Sunday Telegraph.
The paper made it known that it got it’s information from a close source of the sect that the demand was actually made “when they contacted President Muhammadu Buhari secretly, who has also said he will be negotiating for the freedom of the girls.”
Previously, the group’s leader Abubakar Shekau, had demanded the immediate release of their jailed comrades for the exchange of the kidnapped girls.
A top security source made it clear last night, that there haven’t been any deal or agreement between the sect and the government on the issue of Chibok girls who were taken away since on the 14th of April, 2014.
The London’s Sunday Telegraph made it know in it’s reports that the Boko haram sect had made a ransom in message sent to the Federal Government about 90 days ago.
A ransom of N10 Billion was demand in exchange for the girls, which is equivalent to almost 36milliom Pounds.
The demand for ransom has brought series of argument and disagreement in the government. Some persons thinks that it would be worth it to settle the lingering issue of the Chibok Girls, while other said that it will only strengthen the Sect to recruit and hire more members. The Paper said”
It was also said that Boko haram passed a video tape secretly to the government showing 15 of the girls who were kidnapped 30 days after the demand was made.
Mallam Garba Shehu, who is the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, was asked about this issue from Addis Ababa while on his way to China, but he said: “I will ask from the appropriate security heads and get back to you as soon as possible.”