Nigeria Army Personnel Kills Innocent Man, Conceals Evidences


A retired Army Officer , Major Mohammed Isa Tafoki , yesterday accused the men of the Ist Division Garrison of the Nigeria Army of shooting his nephew to death and refused to release  body of the deceased .

According to Major Tafoki (Retd) ,his nephew ,Akilu Tafoki and five other men were on four motorcycles with two men on each motorcycle -one passenger and the rider .The purpose of the young were to go to Abuja and start commercial motorbike  business  he stated .

The retired Army officer further explained  that the riders  ran into a roadblock mounted by men of the Nigeria Army at Sabon Gaya on Abuja Kaduna highway

.According to him , the men of 1st Division Garrison opened fired on Akilu and his companion without warning and in the process killing him instantly  while his companion escaped unhurt .

The Army personnel came in hot pursuit of their victims and

dragged the  companion of the deceased to a filing  station despite the protest from him that Akilu was badly injured and maybe dead .And so Akilu was left in the pool of his blood .

After a through search , the Army personnel allowed those detained to go but when they were asked about the whereabout of Akilu , a bearded soldier told the brothers  that Akilu has been taken to the Sabon Wuse general hospital for treatment . And on getting to the hospital , they were told that Akilu was not brought there.

“Immediately I received the message, I drove down to the roadblock, but the soldiers kept mute even after I identified myself as a retired Major.
“This prompted me to drive down to the 1 Division Garrison in Kaduna to formerly lay a complaint where a senior officer told me to come back the next day with an eyewitness, with a promise that the boys on roadblock on the said day would be recalled back to the office for identification.
“The second day, the soldiers were paraded amidst other colleagues and my witness was able to identified three of them. They were later moved away.
“Surprisingly the senior military officer said my nephew was not killed by any of his men and the corpse is not with them. Even though they accepted earlier on that his body was deposited at the New Wuse General Hospital,” he narrated.

Major Mohammed Isa Tafoki (retd) who spoke to pressmen at the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ), Kaduna Council Secretariat on Monday explained that the incident occurred on January 6, 2019, and that all efforts to recover the body of the deceased have not yielded any result .

He therefore appealed to the Chief of Army Staff  General Tukur Buratai , the Commander in Chief of Nigeria Armed Force , President Muhammad Buhari  to use their good offices  to prevail on the Army to release the body of his nephew to the family so that it could be given a proper burial .




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here